What is it ?
e-Desk will allow users to notify and to trace their cargo movements at the terminal. This electronic desk is developed within the context of the automation of the export declaration (the Export Control System, or ECS) as well as for transit declarations, particularly the requirement for the terminal operator to make an electronic notification of container goods arrivals to be sent to Customs.
The existing application of PSA Antwerp was reimplemented according to the development standards of the Antwerp Port Authority (white labeling) and offered in the e-services portal of the Antwerp Port Community System. The e-Desk application is not a substitute customs software nor a terminal operator system.
> Go directly to the application!
WHEN CAN I USE THE E-DESK?
• In the first phase the e-Desk can be used for preannouncement of Customs data for containerized cargo only. Other shipping forms as breakbulk, roro en bulk are not yet possible.
• Both export declarations as transit declarations for export kan be pre-announced using the e-Desk application. In case of a transit declaration European legislation still demands a physical handover of a hardcopy document to the Customs office at exit. Registration of the transit declaration in the e-Desk has the advantage that you can use the track and trace function for all export movements.
How does it work ?
With e-Desk the user (shipper, exporter, shipper, ...) notifies the terminal operator about an upcoming cargo.
The data include type of document, office of exit, MRN-number and container number. A container terminal and order reference are optional data.
The terminal operator can continuously retrieve this information. Other users can only retrieve and update their own detailed data within e-Desk.
What are the benefits ?
e-Desk allows more efficiency by passing declaration details (MRN) from declarant to terminal operator.
For which ports and terminals can you use the e-Desk application?
APCS cooperates with the other Flemish ports within the npa Cargo Community Services and has closed an agreement with the Port of Zeebrugge on the development and use of the e-Desk application. This facilitates users of both ports by registration in a single application.
You can use e-Desk for shipments on following terminals in Antwerp :
- PSA Noordzee terminal quay 913
- PSA Europa terminal quay 869
- PSA Churchill terminal quay 420
- PSA Deurganck terminal quay 1742
- NHS quay 334
- MSC Home terminal quay 702 upto 736
- DPW Antwerp Gateway kaai 1700
- IMT quay 242
And following terminals in Zeebrugge :
- PSA Container Handling Zeebrugge quay 202-207
- PSA Zeebrugge International Port quay 125-129
- APMT Zeebrugge quay 120
What do you need ?
e-Desk works as a web application on any computer with Flash-player.
EVEN EASIER WITH YOUR OWN SOFTWARE
Click here for a list of software vendors who have succesfully connected their software: e-Desk Partners
What does it cost ?
The Port Authority takes on their behalf the full cost of development and operation of the application.
Also the message cost for sending data by electronic means (with an XML-message) and the connection to the communication network (by means of a supported standard protocol) are for account of the Port Authority.