What is it ?
e-Desk is a user friendly and free web application allowing declarants to notify the terminal operator about upcoming cargo and to pass export declaration details electronically. It helps reducing paperwork with export shipments and makes the export process transparent.
> Go directly to the application!
WHEN CAN I USE THE E-DESK?
- e-Desk can be used for preannouncement of Customs data for containerized cargo and rolling stock.
- Both export and transit declarations can be done in the e-Desk application. Registration of declarations in the e-Desk has the advantage that you can use the track and trace function for all export movements.
How does it work ?
With e-Desk the user (shipper, exporter, , ...) notifies the terminal operator about an upcoming cargo.
The data include type of document, office of exit, MRN-number and container or VIN number. A terminal and order reference are optional data.
The terminal operator can continuously retrieve this information. Other users can only retrieve and update their own detailed data within e-Desk.
What are the benefits ?
e-Desk allows more efficiency by passing declaration details from declarant to terminal operator electronically.
For which ports and terminals can you use the e-Desk application?
APCS cooperates with the other Flemish ports and developped the e-Desk application together with the Port of Zeebruges. This facilitates users of both ports by registration in a single application.
You can use e-Desk for shipments on following terminals in Antwerp:
- Antwerp Euro Terminal quay 1333 – CONT + RORO
- PSA Noordzee terminal quay 913 – CONT
- PSA Europa terminal quay 869 – CONT
- PSA Churchill terminal quay 420 – CONT
- PSA Deurganck terminal quay 1742 – CONT
- NHS Churchill terminal quay 420 – CONT
- MSC Home terminal quay 702 upto 736 – CONT
- DPW Antwerp Gateway quay 1700 – CONT
- IMT quay 242 – CONT
- ICO Vrasene Terminal quay 1241 – RORO
And following terminals in Zeebrugge :
- PSA Container Handling Zeebrugge quay 202-207 – CONT
- PSA Zeebrugge International Port quay 125-129 – CONT
- APMT Zeebrugge quay 120 – CONT
- ICO Zeebrugge (quays 405, 501 & 521 – RORO
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics quay 530 – RORO
What do you need ?
e-Desk works as a web application on any computer with Flash-player.
EVEN EASIER WITH YOUR OWN SOFTWARE
Click here for a list of software vendors who have succesfully connected their software: e-Desk Partners
Tips for a correct use of the e-Desk
- The e-Desk can be used for reporting of all kinds of Export customs declarations and for the pre-announcement of Transit declarations.
- It is not necessary to surrender paper documents upon arrival at the terminal. Exports can be handled paperless on the connected terminals. See list of terminals above.
- Reporting of customs declarations in the e-Desk application must be done before shipment on board.
- Customs declarations made in emergency procedures cannot be reported in the e-Desk. A declaration started in a paper procedure must continue in a paper based process. These declarations are not available in the Customs computer systems and must be handed over to the terminal operators customs desk in hardcopy in order to complete the exit procedure.
- The number of the Customs office to be reported in the e-Desk can be found in section 29 of the export declaration (office of exit) or section 53 of the Transit declaration (office of destination).
- Container numbers must always be reported with length of 11 characters. Shipper’s owned containers that not follow a standard notation have to be completed with a / (ex. ////123456/).
What does it cost ?
The Port Authority took the full cost of development and operation of the application on their behalf.
Also the message cost for sending data by electronic means (with an XML-message) and the connection to the communication network (by means of a supported standard protocol) are for account of the Port Authority.