Antwerp is a major European port for forest products and your cost-efficient distribution hub in Europe. A highly skilled labour force, many added value activities and excellent hinterland connections ensure all forest products cargo can be handled fast and with care.
The port of Antwerp handles an annual volume of nearly 1.4 million tonnes non-containerised forest products such as wood pulp, timber, fine paper, kraftliner, wood and newsprint.
Dedicated terminals and specialised warehouses for all kinds of products from paper and pulp to wood, timber, plywood, etc. are at hand. Their services:
- Maximum handling productivity by using the latest lifting technology, such as spreaders and vacuum discharging;
- Direct covered loading into truck or train.
- A high level of expertise in handling pulp and paper with strategic logistics partners to offer a seamless logistics network. Read more about this in the Lumipaper client testimonial.
- Newsprint paper can be cut in different sizes.
- Due to the extensive warehouse capacity, paper & pulp mills choose to have their strategic stocks in the port of Antwerp.
You can expect a solution-minded attitude from the port of Antwerp’s logistics service providers and the Antwerp Port Authority, providing tailor-made solutions for customers’ supply chain needs.
A very large variety of shortsea, barge, truck and rail services connect Antwerp with the main paper & pulp mills and receivers in Europe in a fast and reliable way. In combination with the port’s 80 km inland location and the high productivity of its labour, this contributes to offering the lowest total cost of supply chain.